we’re all about helping you find the opportunity that will challenge you to grow and live with purpose. Everything you do will be meaningful, allowing you to reconnect with nature, contribute to conservation and fully invest in yourself to grow personally and professionally. You will be motivated to create positive change, for yourself, for others and for the environment.
But that’s a mindset which takes time to develop. That’s why we all start at the ranch as interns, volunteers or students. If, after three months, you have demonstrated the following, the opportunity for internal hiring to paid employment may arise:
- Full commitment to your personal evolvement
- Take initiative to invest in your personal and professional development
- Take responsibility and maintain a positive attitude
- Contribute to the ranch community more than you benefit
- Mentor community partners and lead by example
- Internalize our philosophy and be value-driven
- Be proactive in writing weekly reviews, following procedures and completing worksheets for your personal development
- Perform above and beyond the required standards
There are countless opportunities to experience all of our departments, but you must take initiative to benefit from them, no one else will do it for you.
We encourage you to constantly learn new skills and invest in your personal development. Once you have fulfilled your goals, interests and purpose – physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually – you have the opportunity to work towards new interests and goals.
The wilderness encourages you to follow its example by growing, adapting and evolving into the best, most authentic version of yourself.
On our website, we provide a number of inspirational articles to get you started and you can find more on our community website, trails-to-empowerment.org. Details of each internship we offer are provided under our Internships tab to allow you to select the option that’s right for you. All jobs we offer have the same details as our internships, all are self-learning positions. If you’re ready to take the next step, you can apply for an internship by completing our Wilderness Readiness Survey.